Start of Ramadan
The first day of Ramadan will either be Saturday, Apr 2nd, or Sunday, Apr 3rd. To verify the start of Ramadan 1443 AH, please stay tuned to MCNJ check our website at www.mcnjonline.com, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or sign up to our mailing list to get an email straight away!
Ramadan Prayer Times
Taraweeh Prayers (20 Rakats)
By Usman Khan, Saad Zakaria
– Short Hadith after Fajr
– Daily open Session for Q&A after Dhuhr
– Daily Quran Halaqa after Asr
– In-Person Iftar
– Short Tafseer or Hadith 15 minutes before Isha
– Taraweeh led by Hafiz Usman and Hafiz Saad
– Babysitting for children between the ages of 5-8 for the first 8 Rakat of Taraweeh
– After Fajr Halaqa (until Ishraq) on Saturday and Sunday
– Ramadan Series: Gems from Quran for 5-12-year-olds every Saturday from 1:30 – 2:30 PM
(in collaboration with NJ MCNA, YMJ, and ICNA Sisters)
Iftar (Sponsorship is open)
Insha’Allah MCNJ will have community Iftars all 7 days a week during Ramadan. MCNJ will arrange for these meals with community sponsorship.
Please contact Br. Najeeb(732-754-4497) for sponsoring iftar or Donate online here.
Iftar Weekday Sponsorship: $1200
Iftar Weekend Sponsorship: $2500
Iftar Partial Sponsorship: $100 (or any amount)
- The parking at MCNJ will be reserved for older and women on a first come first basis.
- If you are coming via I-287 or Rt1, park at 629 Amboy Ave (Previously known as Cyktor) Building lot on Walsh Avenue (Behind the building)
- Musallees praying 8 rakat’s of Taraweeh, please park at lots other than MCNJ
- Please see the attached parking map below
- Note: Please do not park in 7-Eleven parking
Zakah & Fitra
- Please remember to pay your Zakat-ul-Fitr (Fitranah) as early as possible. Fitranah is a minimum of $10 (per person), but you are encouraged to give more if you can afford it. If you would like MCNJ to serve as your Waqil in distributing your Fitranah, please pay it early, as we will distribute the food 5 days prior to the end of Ramadan.
Donate online here.
- Please wear a mask while on-premise and stay home if you are experiencing Covid or cold-like symptoms (fever, sore throat, runny nose, chills, cough, shortness of breath).
- Park only in approved spaces and be respectful of our neighbors.
We look forward to seeing all of you at the Masjid and getting to meet all of you personally. We ask Allah SWT that you and your families have a blessed Ramadan. Aameen