Family life is the building block of a successful society, and marriage is an occasion of great joy in the Muslim community. MCNJ facilitates the solemnization of an Islamic contract of marriage.
For those interested in having MCNJ perform their marriage ceremony:
- Apply for a marriage license (details are here):
- Make an appointment (here) to have your pre-marital counseling session and during the session the date of the marriage ceremony can be set.
- Both potential bride and groom need to attend the pre-marital session along with whatever family members they deem appropriate.
- The performance of the marriage ceremony will be performed at the scheduled day and time and the paperwork completed.
- Go back to the local registrar with the completed paperwork and receive your license within their specified time frame.
Marriage License FAQ from County: http://www.co.middlesex.nj.us/countyclerk/marriagecer.asp