The Masjid Khadim/Muezzin will have the responsibility for the overall appearance, cleanliness ,maintenance, and security of the Masjid and its premises. Also as a Muezzin he will be responsible for call to prayer (adhān) daily for five salats and on Friday for Jumah salat.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Dependable, responsible, and self-motivated. Must have regular timely attendance during stated or negotiated hours.
- Must be courteous with excellent communication skills, good organizational & planning skills, and an ability to delegate with staff and volunteers.
- Must have a cheerful and positive attitude and be willing to help in all matters.
- Must be honest and trustworthy as he will have access to secured areas of the masjid.
- Must be proactive, attending to problems before they are brought up or requested.
- Ability to organize, coordinates, and schedule cleaning tasks for maximum efficiency.
- Must be familiar with general cleaning techniques including stain removal, disinfecting, and more… and able to follow safety standards & requirements.
- Some knowledge of simple plumbing, electrical and general repair work on large facilities is desired.
- Physical requirements include ability to reach, bend, stoop, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and to climb step ladders.
- Must be legally eligible to work in USA with a clean background.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Call Adhan(call for prayer) five times daily.
- Set up masjid ready and in order for Friday prayer every week and for any other event during week days.
- Set up any needed requirements of tables and chairs for events and classes etc
- Clean and vacuum entire building on regular basis. Wipes down windows, at least once a week.
- Empties the wastebaskets and removes any other debris in and outside area of the masjid.
- Clean restrooms every day and Scrubs once a week.
- Keeps all restrooms stocked with toilet paper, paper towels, and soap.
- Inventory and order maintenance/cleaning supplies monthly in accordance with the allotted budget.
- Replaces broken or burned out light fixtures as needed.
- Addresses simple plumbing, electrical, or other repair work as needed and report to maintenance committee when needed.
- Be available for administrative tasks of set up and cleaning for special rental functions & for any other duties as assigned
Interested candidates please apply at [email protected] or Contact
Br. Shahzad Ahmed, Br. Kamal Ahmad, Br. Naeem Saleem